Wednesday 14 December 2016

WordPress for Blogging And Why It Works – An Interview With Kari

Is there too much hype around WordPress for blogging?

We think not — if anything, using WordPress as a blogging platform has changed so many bloggers’ lives for the better and we believe there is so much more to say about this wonderful software that revolutioned the history of blogging worldwide.

But this time we are not going to offer you one of our usual tutorials or motivational posts — we have an interview to share.

Yes, we interviewed Kari (aka Bellaisa Filippis) of AttractGetWomen.com. She tells us how turning into a WordPress blogger changed her life and how it improved user experience for her readers.

Our (clickable) questions and Kari’s answers:

Why did you choose WordPress as your blogging platform?
Does WordPress for blogging make things easier for you? Please share your most useful tip :)
Do you/your designer design your WordPress themes or do you have a choice of free/paid themes to go with?
How does WordPress influence good UX in your experience?
Q. Why did you choose WordPress as your blogging platform?

A. Kari (Blogger And Writer)

Kari, Blogger and Writer, tells us about her experience with WordPress for blogging

When I first started online, I used a website platform by Homestead (Intuit Websites). Creating a website with that platform was the most time-consuming thing I’ve ever done. It required you to place everything, from text to HTML, on the page yourself. There were no widgets. There was no header, body, or footer area. I had to drag and drop everything where I wanted it. Then, I found WordPress and my life became so much better!

Q. Does WordPress for blogging make things easier for you? Please share your most useful tip :)

A. Yes! It allows me to quickly add anything I want without having to do much work. Text, images, HTML – it is all so easy to add. I think the most useful thing on WordPress is the plugins. You can pretty much find a plugin to help you do anything that you want to do.

Q. Do you/your designer design your WordPress themes or do you have a choice of free/paid themes to go with?

A. I use both free and paid themes. I have never had one designed specifically for me. Sometimes I find a free theme that I really like, such as Twenty Fifteen, and I stick with it for a while. However, paid themes offer more freedom to create a unique site that is exactly what you want if you don’t know how to add code and create your own.

Q. How does WordPress influence good UX in your experience?

A. Because I have had to physically create my own website, I know how hard it can be to create something that users can read and navigate through quickly. WordPress makes it easy to lay out everything you want your users to find and click through, and to me that is the most important aspect of any website.

No comments:

Post a Comment