Wednesday 5 October 2016

Quick Update, Flipping Challenge & Major Success

I know that I’ve been a little quiet on the blog front and that really isn’t something that I want to continue.  I need to make sure that each day I make time to keep everyone up to date, especially since I found out that people are actually interested in the journey I’m taking!

Over the last two weeks I have been on a massive learning curve and at times I felt like throwing in the towel, I’m not going to lie, it really has been a tough ride but I do feel like I have achieved so much.

Kelly came through for me on the ‘I need income now’ situation and gave me the idea of site flipping.  I could do something that I like (building niche sites) and then sell them to get some income coming in again.  My initial response was that no one is going to want to buy a site from someone who has no experience etc.  After following some of the links that Kelly sent, it soon became clear that there are people who buy just the service of installing blogs (I know I can do that now), creating content (I can do that) and any site that is on page one of Google can sell well – even with no income!

I know that I can do those things and I have really worked hard creating six niche sites over the last two weeks.  The work itself wasn’t hard and now I have a much better understanding of how WordPress works.  Its almost like I became a sponge and wanted to suck up all the information I could on WHY and HOW.  It was because of that need to learn that I soon ended up with information overload, I followed The Challenge tutorials to put together the first site but then found that sites that were much more passive in nature will sell for much more money.

Adsense sites sell really well (and there was me thinking that Adsense was dead!) and can be very profitable for both the buyer and seller.  So my second, third and forth site were Adsense sites.

Two of my sites are on the first page of Google as of this morning and I am really pleased about that.  I am well aware though that this could change over the next few days/weeks.  Instead of going for the large niches I have aimed for the ‘low hanging fruit’ and targeted long tail keywords.

The main problem that I have had over the last two weeks was ME!  I basically lack confidence in what I was doing which I’m sure was caused by lack of experience.  At every step I  needed to be reassured that I was doing things right.  As much as Kelly has pledged to support me, there is no way that she could keep up with the constant demands that I put on her.

Today though things changed.  I realised that the hours I have put in have paid off for me.  I achieved something great, I have taken action, regardless of how worried I was, I stuck with it and got results.  Two of my sites are on page one and getting found for the main keyword.

Next problem is that I don’t want to let them go now.  The adsense sites are not making money YET but I am hoping that by the end of the week that will change.

At the end of last week Kelly showed me a WSO that she had purchased.  Cut Copy Cash and I found it a real eye opener on the different methods of site flipping out there.  I was that excited by it that I built two more sites following the method there and I am looking forward to finishing them off this week and attempting my first ever FLIP!

I’m fully recharged after taking yesterday off (it’s been at least 12 hours per day at least) and spending it with my family and I have lots more that I want to share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment